Click here to Skip to main content
Wesleyan University - Tennis
Wesleyan University - Tennis
 
 
 

JOHN WOOD MEMORIAL TENNIS COURTS

Named for John L. Wood, who coached a variety of sports at Wesleyan during his tenure from 1941 through 1970, including basketball, golf, football and a two-year stint as head men's tennis coach in 1949 and 1950, the eight primary hard-surfaced tennis courts along Vine Street are broken up into two banks of four courts each. The courts are used by both the men's and women's teams for practice and matches as well as by a couple of local high schools. There is also a third bank of four courts which are stictly recreational for Wesleyan use. During the summer of 2011, the eight primary courts were resurfaced in the same blue interior/green exterior appearance as the U.S. Open facility in Flushing Meadows, N.Y.